Upsizing your warehousing and/or distribution centre is no easy task, but with careful consideration of financial implications, location, staff recruitment, transport links and site design, you can make a success of it. With a current shortage of available warehousing space across the UK, it’s important that you make the right decisions so that your new warehouse facility doesn’t fall short of your requirements.
With the amount of land coming forward for new warehouse schemes very limited, it’s proving to be a real struggle to satisfy the demands of the logistics sector. That’s why it’s important to make informed decisions about the design, location, cost and potential of the warehousing facilities that are available so that you don’t miss out on an opportunity.
Are you looking for a 15,500 sq ft unit for your business?
Download our Brochure now
The location of your new warehousing space will significantly contribute to the efficiency of your business as well as driving your profits and customer experience. If you’re currently looking for a new site for your distribution centre, consider the following:
1. Proximity to carrier services: by looking for a location close to your carrier service and customers, you can maintain a good balance between keeping costs down and providing a great service.
2. Geographic location of your customer base: if you can provide a faster, more efficient and cheaper service, you are more likely to benefit from customer retention/growth.
3. Local workforce availability: don’t forget the success of your facility depends on employing the right kind of people – your location needs to be well placed to facilitate this – at an affordable cost.
4. Your future plans for growth: ensure that the space will not only satisfy your present day needs, but give you options for future growth and expansion.
5. Specific storage requirements: if you have specific, hazardous, flammable or other physical storage requirements for your products make sure your new facility will accommodate this.
Are you looking to increase the size of your Business?
Speak to our development team today
Request a call back
Logic at Kingsway is a superbly located business park with access to the Trans Pennine, M62 motorway (J21). Combining great location with plenty of opportunities to employ local, skilled workers at an affordable price, Logic at Kingsway is fast becoming the preferred choice for many of the UK’s most successful businesses looking to serve the North West.
Are you looking to create a state-of-the art distribution base in the heart of the North West? Comprising 15,500 square feet, Unit C is now available for immediate occupation. If you want to find out more about this opportunity, click here to speak to a member of our development team.Go Back